The following information is provided courtesy of EXO Travel.
Looking for suggestions for things to do during your free time in Bangkok? The TTIX Planning Team, in collaboration with a Thailand based travel and touring agency, i.e. EXO Travel, has identified a few cultural outings that may be of interest to you. These include:
- A boat tour up the Chao Phraya River and adjacent canals. This tour will allow you to experience Bangkok’s former trading routes, and witness its overall diversity and the rich heritage that the city has to offer.
- A visit to the Baan Krua Thai Silk Village. Home to remarkable local artisans, a tour to this Thai weaving community will allow you to learn more about Thai traditional methods to producing high-quality silk products. You will also get a chance to browse an impressive gallery of local artisans’ shops.
- A visit to three of the capital’s most significant and visually stunning temples: Wat Traimit, Wat Pho, and Wat Benjamabophit. Located on the edge of Chinatown, Wat Traimit houses the world’s largest solid gold Buddha. Wat Pho (Bangkok’s oldest temple) is home to the magnificent reclining Buddha as well as the first school of traditional medicine and Thai massage, and it is regarded as Thailand’s first university. Finally, Wat Benjamabophit, also known as the marble temple, features a fusion of Thai and European architecture styles.
- A visit to Pak Khlong Talat. Experience the hustle and bustle of Bangkok’s busy working market and immerse yourself in Bangkok’s Flower Market where you will see many of Thailand’s exotic flowers and flora.
- A visit to Bangkok’s National Museum. This tour will allow you to travel back in time and will take you from the prehistoric period of Thailand, through the early kingdoms such as Lanna and Sukhothai, through the Ayutthaya period and finally to the modern Thai kingdom.
For further information on additional tours offered by EXO Travel, please consult this document (available in English only).
The EXO Travel team will be delighted to support you in arranging any of the abovementioned tours (or any of those added in the linked document) during your meeting-free days in Bangkok, e.g. Sunday November 11th, Wednesday November 14th (pm) or others. This team will be at your service before and during the conference. Should you wish to make a reservation for a tour prior to the conference, kindly contact them directly by emailing TTIXTour@exotravel.com. All tours booked in advance, i.e. prior to October 31st, 2018 will be guaranteed upon receipt of payment to EXO Travel. An EXO travel agent will also be available at the conference venue to provide additional guidance on tour services and activities but these will be subject to availability at time of booking.
Welcome to Bangkok. We look forward to seeing you all soon!